These tasty meatballs are wrapped in bacon! Adding an already flavorful ingredient—like the corned beef—makes these bites even more irresistible.
Bacon-Wrapped Meatballs Recipe
Bacon makes everything better.
Bacon-Wrapped Meatballs Ingredients
- 1/2 kilo Ground beef
- 1/2 Cup corned beef
- 1 Small onion peeled, finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup parsley leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 large Egg
- 12 slices bacon cut in half
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- In a large bowl mix ground beef, corned beef, onion, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, and eggs. Mix well. Using a small ice cream scoop, form into balls. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around a meatball. Use a toothpick to secure the bacon. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
- Heat enough oil in a saute pan over medium heat for frying. A deep fry thermometer should read about 350?F. Deep fry meatballs until bacon is crisp and meatballs are cooked through. Drain on a rack over paper towels. Pack once cooled.
- Meanwhile, make cheese sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk water, cheese, and mustard until melted. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper. Serve with meatballs. Recipe orginally published in the March 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW