Make pork chops even better by wrapping them in bacon! Serve it with a side of vegetables like mashed squash or kalabasa.
Bacon-Wrapped Pork Chop Recipe
Bacon-Wrapped Pork Chop Ingredients
- 4 pork cutlets boneless, butterflied
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 6 strips bacon
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Small red onion chopped
- 2 wedges squash (kalabasa) peeled, cut into cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup milk
- Oil for sauteing
- water as needed
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Season pork cutlets, inside and out with salt and ground pepper. In a bowl, mix flour, garlic and onion powders, paprika, salt, and ground black pepper. Dredge pork in flour mixture. Lay a bacon strip on a cutting board. Place pork over bacon and wrap bacon around. Repeat with remaining pork and bacon. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Place bacon-wrapped pork, seal side down, on frying pan. Cook only until bacon is cooked through on both sides. Transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pork cutlets.
- Place pork in the oven, and bake until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Sauté onion until softened and fragrant. Add kalabasa, and stir to coat with melted butter. Season with salt, ground pepper, and cinnamon to taste. Sauté until softened, adding water if mixture dries. Transfer everything into a bowl and, using a potato masher, mash kalabasa. Season with salt, ground pepper, and cinnamon, to taste. Stir in milk.
- Divide kalabasa among four plates. Top each with a pork cutlet. Serve hot. Recipe originally published in the August 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.