We created our own version of the famous bacsilog, a breakfast meal that has bacon, sunny-side up egg, and sinangag or fried rice. For our version of this recipe, we made a bowl of umami-packed fried rice and a special bacsilog cheese sauce with some added heat to make it even more appetizing than it already is.
Need help in figuring out how to make bacsilog? Watch this step-by-step video to see how it’s done:
Bacsilog With Cheese Sauce Recipe
Bacsilog With Cheese Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup fresh milk
- 200 Grams cheese spread
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce Optional
- 2 tablespooons vegetable oil
- 1 head Garlic chopped
- 1/2 cube chicken bouillon
- 2 cups Cooked rice
- 200 Grams bacon
- 2 pieces large eggs
- liquid seasoning
- Make the Special Sauce: In a saucepan on low heat, mix together milk, cheese spread, chili sauce, and sugar until smooth. Set aside. (Alternatively, cool down before transferring into a squeeze bottle.)
- Make the Fried Rice: Heat oil in a wok over medium heat, then add and sauté garlic until golden browned. Add and stir in rice. Add bouillon cube and mix with rice until well blended. Fry until yellow color is evened out. Keep warm.
- In another frying pan, fry the bacon as desired: crispy or soft. Cook two sunny-side-up eggs in the bacon grease for extra flavor. Season eggs with salt. Set aside.
- To assemble: divide rice into two shallow bowls, top each with an egg, and then the bacon. Drizzle on special sauce and liquid seasoning onto bacon to finish or serve on the side if desired. Serve while hot!