Make this popular Thai dish at home! This seafood bagoong rice recipe is a different take on your everyday meal. The medley of seafood flavors adds both color and texture, making it the perfect dish top serve when with family and friends. Want to add a litle extra to the dish? You could top it off with toasted garlic to give every bite a satisfying crunch.
Seafood Bagoong Rice Recipe
Seafood Bagoong Rice Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 pieces Shrimp
- 2 pieces Squid (Pusit) cleaned and sliced into rings
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Palm sugar
- green onion chopped, to serve
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 tablespoon Thai shrimp paste
- 3 cups rice (cooked), cooled
- 2 cloves Garlic sliced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (patis)
- Salt to season
- Heat oil in a saucepan over high heat. Add shrimp, squid, garlic, fish sauce, dark and sweet soy sauces, and palm sugar; mix well. Bring to a boil then simmer. Cook until dry.
- Meanwhile make the fried rice: Combine 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, shrimp paste, and rice; mix until grains are coated well. Heat remaining vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat and fry garlic. Stir in rice. Add sugar and fish sauce; mix well. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a serving dish.
- Top fried rice with seafood and sprinkle with green onions, cilantro, green mango, egg, and chili. Serve with lime wedges on the side.