Toss this chicken with your favorite vinaigrette recipe or even a store-bought salad. Just leave the chicken simply seasoned to pair well with any salad.
Baked Chicken Salad Recipe
Baked Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 4 chicken breasts fillets, skins removed
- 1/3 Cup olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 1 250-gram pack edamame frozen
- 1 400-gram can sweet kernel corn drained
- 1 450-gram can garbanzos drained
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 small head Iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 375?F.
- Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and season with chili powder, salt, and ground black pepper to taste. Pour in chicken stock. Cover with foil. Bake for about 20 minutes, remove foil, then roast the remaining 10 minutes to let brown. Let rest 5 minutes before chopping into chunks. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, simmer edamame until heated through. Drain, and shell edamame. Toss with corn, garbanzos, tomatoes, and shredded lettuce.
- In a jar with a lid, add remaining olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and peppers. Close lid and shake until emulsified. Toss vinaigrette with salad. Serve in bowls with chicken chunks. Recipe orginally published in the January-Februrary 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.