Start the day right with this delicious dish! It’s packed with protein from the eggs and sardines.
Baked Eggs with Sardines Recipe
Baked Eggs with Sardines Ingredients
- olive oil for sauteeing
- 4 pieces spicy sardines in olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic sliced thinly
- 2 cups (220 grams) spinach leaves washed and dried
- 2 large Egg
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons bell pepper diced
- toasted bread to serve
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Heat a small amount of oil in a pan. Sauté sardines and garlic for about 1 minute, mashing half of the sardines with the garlic. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Transfer sardine mixture to a baking dish. Push mixture to the sides of the dish, making a well at the center.
- Break eggs into the well. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with paprika and cayenne pepper. Top with bell peppers.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 8 minutes or until whites are set but yolks are still runny. Serve warm with toasted bread, if desired.