This Italian-style chicke recipe has the same pizza flavors you love. Pair it with a light salad for a meal that will please the pickiest of eaters.
Baked Italian Chicken Recipe
Baked Italian Chicken Ingredients
- 4 Chicken use leg quarters
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- lemon juice
- 1/8 Cup Garlic
- Salt to season
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onion
- 1 tablespoon Garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 packs Tomato sauce (250-gram packs)
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Salt to season
- 1 Cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 Cup parmesan cheese
- 1/8 Cup fresh basil leaves torn roughly
- 1/8 Cup fresh oregano
- Pat dry chicken with paper towels and place in a bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well and marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sear chicken on all sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place on a baking pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F
- Make the tomato sauce: Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onions, garlic, and dried herbs. Add tomato paste and sauté until cooked. Add tomato sauce and brown sugar; mix well. If sauce is too thick, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Bring to a boil; adjust seasoning if needed.
- Pour tomato sauce over chicken and bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- During the last 5 to 10 minutes of baking, top chicken with cheeses, basil, and oregano. Return to the oven and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.