Taco seasoning gives this beefy pasta dish a Mexican-inspired twist.
Baked Mexican Meaty Penne Recipe
Baked Mexican Meaty Penne Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1/3 Cup onion chopped
- 1/3 Cup green bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 500 Grams Beef use ground round
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups Tomato sauce
- 1/2 Cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cilantro (wansoy) chopped
- 300 Grams penne noodles cooked according to package directions
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk warmed
- 2 pieces Egg yolks only
- 1 Cup quick- melting cheese grated
- 3/4 Cup parmesan cheese grated
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Saute onions until translucent. Add green bell pepper and sauté until tender. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add ground round and cook until meat turns brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove excess oil. Pour in dissolved taco seasoning mix and cook until the seasoning mix is absorbed by the meat.
- Add tomato sauce and water or stock. Simmer meat sauce over low heat for 10 minutes. Add cilantro and season to taste with sugar.
- Make the cheese sauce: In a saucepan, melt butter. Add ? our and cook for a minute to make a roux. Whisk in warmed milk. Continue whisking until sauce is smooth and thick. Over low heat, add egg yolks and whisk vigorously. Add 1 cup quick melting cheese and whisk until cheese melts. Season to taste with salt, white pepper, and nutmeg.
- In a 9-by-13-inch heatproof dish, mix together the meat sauce and cooked noodles. Pour cheese sauce on top and spread evenly. Top with grated Parmesan or quick melting cheese. Broil in the oven at 375°F for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese on top is slightly golden.