The best thing about baked dishes is that they are fuss-free. This pork dish doesn’t need a lot of attention: just place it in the oven and bake until cooked through. Top these pork cutlets with cheese for an extra satisfying meal.
Baked Pork Cutlets Recipe
Top these with mozzarella cheese!
Baked Pork Cutlets Ingredients
- 3 pork cutlets fat trimmed and skins removed
- 1 teaspoon sage ground
- 1 Cup mozzarella grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Small red onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 400-gram can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Season pork cutlets with salt, ground black pepper, and ground sage. Place in a glass loaf dish; roast.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat oil, and cook onion and garlic until fragrant. Pour in tomatoes, sprinkle with basil, and bring to a boil. Simmer until pork cutlets are ready. Season with sugar, salt, and ground black pepper to taste.
- Remove pork from oven. Transfer pork to a plate, and cover the bottom of the loaf dish with tomato sauce. Return pork to the dish and top with a spoonful of tomato sauce. Divide mozzarella between the cutlets. Place back into the oven, and bake until tomato sauce simmers and mozzarella has melted and begins to brown. Recipe originally published in the August 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW