Brightly colored vegetables, like zucchini and carrots, have powerful antioxidants. Combined with nutrient-packed salmon, this is great for your brain and heart!
Baked Salmon Packet Recipe
Baked Salmon Packet Ingredients
- 1 Small zucchini sliced into half moons
- 1 medium carrot peeled, cut into sticks
- 4 salmon steaks scales removed, bones removed
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 1/2 Cup fish stock
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400?F.
- Tear 4 pieces of foil (parchment will work, too). Place zucchini slices and carrot sticks in an even layer, to serve as the bed for salmon. Place salmon steaks on top. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Pour about a tablespoon each of olive oil, wine, and stock over each fish. Fold foil to cover the fish, and fold edges to seal. Place on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining foil until all the salmon steaks are packed.
- Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes. Place each on a plate, and serve while hot. Recipe originally published in the February 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping.