You’ll love the delicate way these tilapia fillets are treated: lightly seasoned and then gently baked with flavorful tomatoes on top. It uses canned diced tomatoes, so it’s a fast fish dish you can make when in a rush.
Baked Tilapia Fillets With Tomatoes Recipe
Baked Tilapia Fillets With Tomatoes Ingredients
- 1 425-gram can diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves chopped, more to garnish
- 4 tilapia fillets
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Drain the excess liquid from the can of tomatoes. Combine the tomatoes, minced garlic, olive oil, basil leaves, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add a small amount of the tomato mixture to the bottom of a small casserole dish. Arrange the tilapia fillets in a single layer in the dish, then top with the rest of the tomato mixture.
- Bake the tilapia in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and still flakey. Sprinkle fresh basil leaves over the fish. Serve while hot.