This dish is made with just a few easy-to-find ingredients. What makes this dish so good is the melted cheese and softened tomatoes all cooked together.
Baked Tomatoes and Mozzarella Recipe
Baked Tomatoes and Mozzarella Ingredients
- 150 Grams Cherry tomatoes
- 200 Grams mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- fresh oregano for garnish
- bread to serve
- Place tomatoes and mozzarella in an ovenproof dish that will fit everything very snugly in a single layer. If using a block of mozzarella, you can grate it or slice it thinly. Squeeze everything into the dish, tucking bits of the cheese into every nook and cranny.
- Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes and mozzarella. Season with a few turns of the pepper mill and top with oregano.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for about 20 to 30 minutes or until tomatoes are a bit wrinkled and mozzarella is melted and bubbling
- Serve immediately out of the oven, while the mozzarella is soft and melted and the oil is still bubbling.