Aside from oranges, you can use a combination of other citrus fruits like lemon, dalandan, and lime to give flavor to this baked fish dish.
Baked Whole Fish Recipe
Baked Whole Fish Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Cup white onions sliced
- 1 Cup red onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1 kilo scaled and gutted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 oranges Mandarin, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 Cup Butter cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add wine, if using, and thyme; mix well. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Stuff cavity with onion mixture, orange rounds, and butter.
- Wrap fish in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven until cooked, about 30 minutes.