You can throw leftover beef stew into this baked ziti recipe.
Baked Ziti With Braised Beef Recipe
Baked Ziti With Braised Beef Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus more for brushing
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 Cup white onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Cup Beef shredded
- 1 can canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose cream
- Salt to taste
- 350 Grams penne noodles cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 Cup Japanese breadcrumbs (Panko)
- 1/4 Cup mozzarella cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 9x13-inch baking dish with olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add red pepper flakes; cook for 10 seconds. Add onions; sauté until translucent. Add garlic; cook until fragrant. Add shredded beef; mix well. Add crushed tomatoes. Lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes. Add cream; stir until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine sauce and noodles in a large bowl; mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Top evenly with breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and breadcrumbs are golden brown.