This muffin recipe yields treats which can be stored at room temperature for three to five days. Here’s a tip: soak the bananas in coffee to give the muffins an extra caffeine kick—perfect to perk you up in the middle of the day. If you enhance the Nutella flavor even more, use hazelnut-flavored coffee or choose a dark roast with chocolate notes. Finally, top everything off with the oatmeal crumble for extra crunch.
Banana Nutella Muffins Recipe
Banana Nutella Muffins Ingredients
- 3 large bananas (lakatan variety)
- 1/2 Cup strong coffee
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups chocolate-hazelnut spread (we used Nutella)
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 Cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter cubed, chilled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line regular muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- Mash bananas in a bowl then pour in coffee; allow to soak for at least 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Make the oatmeal crumble: Mix flour, oats, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter using a fork or your fingers, just until mixture resembles coarse sand. Set aside.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix sugars and oil in a large bowl until well combined. Add egg, vanilla, and banana mixture; mix until well combined. Fold in dry ingredients and mix until combined; do not over mix. Using the tip of a knife, swirl in chocolate-hazelnut spread.
- Pour batter into prepared pans then sprinkle oatmeal crumble on top. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean.