Make your breakfast plate more indulgent with these pancakes.
Banana Pecan Caramel Pancakes Recipe
Banana Pecan Caramel Pancakes Ingredients
- 1 Cup cake flour
- 6 tablespoons cake flour
- 3 Egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 Cup water in a pan
- 1 Cup whole pecans
- 2 pieces banana sliced
- sugar for sprinkling
- whipped cream
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add eggs and sugar.
- Slowly add the milk and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Cook butter until lightly browned. Add to the mixture and blend well. Set aside for one hour.
- Preheat a pan and add some oil. Cook pancakes until golden brown. Keep warm.
- To make the caramel sauce: Put 10 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 cup water in a pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the syrup is thin in consistency and deep caramel in color.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cream.
- In a bowl, whip 1 egg yolk. Add in some of the hot mixture and blend well. Add back to the pan.
- Cook over high heat until thick, about 2 minutes. Cool.
- Dip 1 cup whole pecans in the caramel sauce then transfer to a greased baking pan. Bake until a crust forms around the nuts.
- To serve, stack pancakes on a plate. Sprinkle with some sugar. Top with two sliced bananas and caramelized pecan nuts. Serve with whipped cream and syrup.