Banh mi is a Vietnamese sandwich made with meat (usually chicken or beef) and pickled vegetables. Give your morning meal a Vietnamese twist with this Asian-inspired toast recipe.
Banh Mi Toast Recipe
Banh Mi Toast Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 piece carrot
- 1/2 piece Cucumber
- 3 strips bacon sliced in half
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 slices bread
- Salt to taste
- cilantro (wansoy) (for garnish, optional)
- Combine vinegar, salt, and sugar in a bowl; set aside.
- Peel and slice 1 small carrot and 1/2 small cucumber into matchsticks; place in a glass bottle. Pour in vinegar mixture, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Cook bacon (sliced in half) until crisp; set aside. Mix together mayonnaise and Sriracha; set aside.
- Toast 2 slices of bread until crisp. Spread 1 tablespoon Sriracha mayo on each slice and top with 3 strips bacon, pickled vegetables, and a fried egg. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with cilantro, if desired.