Barbecue beans are great with American comfort dishes like fried chicken and grilled meats!
Barbecue Beans Recipe
Barbecue Beans Ingredients
- 200 Grams bacon sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1 Small green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 3 400-gram cans brown pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce we used Hunts Original
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium-low heat until fat is rendered; set aside.
- Add white onion and green bell pepper to the same pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add brown pinto beans, barbecue sauce (we used hunt’s Original), and white vinegar.
- Add cooked bacon and bring to a simmer. Lower heat and simmer for another 10 minutes. Serve immediately.