Baste pork, chicken, and beef with this basic barbecue sauce while grilling, or serve it on the side for dipping. It’s an easy and versatile recipe!
All-Around Barbecue Sauce Recipe
All-Around Barbecue Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 Cup fruit jam pineapple or mango
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses unsulphured
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder or to taste
- 1/4 Cup water or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar or white wine
- Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- chili flakes to taste
- Whisk tomato ketchup, pineapple or mango jam, brown sugar, unsulphured molasses, Dijon or yellow mustard, grated garlic, soy sauce, allspice, and water or chicken stock in a saucepan to combine. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add coconut, apple cider, or white wine vinegar; do not whisk. Let acidity of vinegar cook off for about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and chilli flakes.