These beef and chicken skewers are delicious with a thick satay sauce! You can also use peanut butter to make the sauce from scratch. Cook this dish over a hot grill.
Beef and Chicken Satay Recipe
Beef and Chicken Satay Ingredients
- 2 pieces top blade or strip steaks sliced into thin strips
- 1 chicken breast fillet cubed
- 1 Cup Barbecue marinade
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove Garlic peeled, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup water
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Oil as needed
- Soak 6-inch bamboo skewers in water for 20 minutes. Preheat grill pan over high heat.
- Season beef and chicken with salt and ground black pepper. Thread meat onto skewers. Set aside. Whisk barbecue marinade, peanut butter, ketchup, sesame oil, garlic, and water into a thick sauce in a medium bowl. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Brush grill pan lightly with oil to prevent sticking, and add skewers. Grill skewers until meats are just cooked through. Serve immediately with sauce. Recipe originally published in the November 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.