Love Chinese noodle soups as much as Po from Kung Fu Panda? Here’s a version you can whip up in your own kitchen.
Beef and Dumpling Noodle Soup Recipe
Beef and Dumpling Noodle Soup Ingredients
- 1 kilo Beef use knee cap
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 head Garlic peeled and pounded
- 500 Grams Beef use brisket, sliced into 2-inch chunks
- 2 pieces star anise
- 1 stick cinnamon around 2 inches
- 1 piece ginger (thumb-sized), sliced
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 Cup Leeks chopped
- 2 cups beef stock or more as needed
- 1 Pack egg noodles (pancit canton) around 300 grams
- 125 Grams pork use ground pork
- 1 teaspoon green onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger grated
- 100 Grams Shrimp peeled
- 12 dumpling wrapper
- Place beef knee cap in a large pot over medium heat. Cover with water and boil for 30 minutes. Drain, then cover again with water. Season with salt and pepper. Lower heat and simmer for 2 hours or until tendon is soft, adding more water if pot dries up. Set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic. Add brisket and sear on both sides until brown. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with 4 cups water. Boil for 30 minutes, removing impurities that rise to the surface.
- Add star anise, cinnamon, ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine, and sugar. Lower heat and simmer for 2½ hours or until beef is tender.
- Meanwhile, make the dumplings: Combine pork, green onions, soy sauce, and ginger. Take 1 teaspoon of mixture and 1 shrimp and place on the center of a dumpling wrapper. Wet edges with water and pinch to seal. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Remove tendon from knee cap and add to the pot with the brisket. Add leeks and beef stock. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add dumplings to the pot and cook for 7 minutes. Add noodles and cook for 3 minutes.
- Divide noodles, beef brisket, tendon, and dumplings among serving bowls. Serve hot.