Beef burgers are a reliable go-to when you need something satisfying and easy to put together. Make these over the weekend, and freeze—then just defrost and cook as needed.
Beef Burgers Recipe
Beef Burgers Ingredients
- 1/2 kilo Ground beef
- 1/2 Cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Small carrot peeled, finely chopped
- 1 Small red onion peeled, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled, chopped
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- ketchup to serve
- rice to serve
- In a large bowl, mix beef, breadcrumbs, carrot, onion, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste. Test a portion then adjust for seasoning.
- Divide meat into 6. Form each into a thin patty with an indentation in the center.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat oil for frying. Cook patties in batches, until browned and cooked through on both sides. Drain on a rack over paper towels. Serve with ketchup and rice. Recipe originally published in the June 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping.