Can’t get enough of the classic beef wrap? We’ve got you covered! Try this beef shawarma rice recipe that’s sure to give a delicious twist to your traditional shawarma. It’s easy to prepare and could be done in less than 30 minutes! All you need to do is combine the ingredients together and sauté the beef. This dish is perfect for a quick lunch at home or baon to the office. Add chili flakes to the marinade for a spicy kick.
Beef Shawarma Rice Recipe
If you can't get enough of the classic beef wrap, you'll love this rice bowl!
Beef Shawarma Rice Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Cup plain yogurt
- 1 kilo Beef (use sirloin cut), sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- rice (steamed), to serve
- 1 head Lettuce shredded
- 4 pieces tomatoes sliced and seeded
- 3 pieces white onion sliced
- Combine cumin, turmeric, salt, pepper, and yogurt in a bowl. Add beef and toss to combine.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté beef, then add marinade and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- To serve, place rice in a serving bowl. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. Arrange beef on top of vegetables. Drizzle with remaining sauce. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW