This easy beef recipe is a reliable one especially on busy days. Make a dish with only a few pantry staples!
Chinese-style Beef with Broccoli Recipe
Chinese-style Beef with Broccoli Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil for high-heat frying
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 kilo Beef (use sirloin beef), cut into strips
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup water
- 1/3 Cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 250 Grams broccoli florets sliced into bite-sized pieces
- In a preheated wok with oil, saute the garlic and the ginger for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the beef and let it brown for 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, sesame oil, and ground pepper and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes.
- Scoop out around 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce mixture and dissolve the cornstarch in a separate small bowl. Pour over the dissolved cornstarch over the beef and broccoli. Allow it to simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce is thick.