Stir-fried beef with snow peas is a simple dish brought to us by the Chinese. The crisp texture of the snow peas complements the tenderness of the beef. This is perfect paired with steamed or fried rice with friends and family.
Beef With Snow Peas Recipe
Beef With Snow Peas Ingredients
- 1 kilogram sirloin steak sliced into strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium egg white
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 thumb-sized ginger chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 medium white onion sliced
- 2 cups snow peas (sitsaro)
- 1 Cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in water
- Slice beef into even strips. Set aside. Combine salt, pepper, egg white, cornstarch, sesame oil, vegetable oil in a bowl, and add the beef. Toss to coat, and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a pan over high heat, fry the beef in batches until tender and evenly brown then set aside.
- Saute the ginger, garlic and onions and stir-fry for 3 minutes until garlic is slightly brown and onions begin to sweat.
- Add the snow peas and beef broth. (The beef broth can be prepared broth from scratch or use the ever-reliable beef cube.) Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the sirloin strips and stir fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and Chinese rice wine. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add the slurry, lower the heat, and simmer until the sauce is thick and smooth. Serve immediately.