Chili pepper gives your fave appetizer a delicious, spicy kick.
Beer-Battered Spicy Calamares Recipe
Beer-Battered Spicy Calamares Ingredients
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 kilo calamares sliced into bite-sized rings
- 1 piece Egg
- 1 can beer
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Cup water
- Oil for deep-frying
- In a pot, boil water; add salt and white vinegar. Bring to a boil. Add calamares rings and stir; blanch for no more than a minute. Take calamares out of the pot and drain. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat egg. Add in 1/2 cup water. Pour mixture onto calamares, making sure each piece is coated.
- In a large bowl, combine beer and flour. Whisk well. Set aside.
- In a plate, put 1 cup flour and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Heat cooking oil in a deep frying pan. Using tongs, pick a piece of calamares, dip into beer batter, dredge in flour-cayenne mixture, and deep fry in oil for about a minute. Do not overcook or the calamares will be tough and rubbery.
- Repeat for the rest of the calamares. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with your choice of dip.