This recipe combines grilled steak and the classic bistek Tagalog. The result? A new family favorite everyone will be raving about!
WATCH: How to Make Beef Steak Rice Bowl Posted in: Cooking
Beef Tenderloin Bistek Recipe
This recipe combines grilled steak and the classic bistek Tagalog.
Beef Tenderloin Bistek Ingredients
- 1 kilo beef tenderloin sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups onion rings
- 2 tablespoons Garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Calamansi Juice
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt to taste
- Place tenderloin in a bowl. Add onion, garlic, pepper, calamansi juice, and soy sauce. Massage marinade into meat. Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Remove tenderloin and onions from the marinade; reserve excess liquid.
- Grill tenderloin to your desired doneness. (Medium rare is recommended.)
- Heat oil and butter in a heavy-bottomed pan over low-medium heat. Add onions and cook until caramelized. Add meat to pan.
- Add reserved marinade and water; bring to a simmer. Add salt to taste. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW