This black sesame and soy milk pudding dessert is light and refreshing. If you can’t find black sesame paste, you can make your own by combining equal parts toasted black sesame seeds and honey in a food processor.
Black Sesame and Soy Milk Pudding Recipe
Black Sesame and Soy Milk Pudding Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin powder
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened black sesame paste available in Asian specialty food stores
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger juice
- 1/3 Cup whipping cream whipped to soft peaks
- Sprinkle gelatin powder over 2 tablespoons water in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together sesame paste and sugar in a medium bowl. Whisk in soy milk, a little at a time, then add ginger juice.
- Melt gelatin in a double boiler over simmering water until completely dissolved. Add to soy milk mixture and stir.
- Set bowl with soy milk mixture in a large bowl with iced water. Fold whipped cream into soy milk mixture. Stir slowly until mixture thickens slightly.
- Pour into cups and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.