This brined and baked pork belly is moist, and since it’s boneless, is easier to eat. Look at that crispy skin, too!
Boneless Lechon Recipe
Make this lechon recipe for special weekend treats. It's skin is ultra crispy!
Boneless Lechon Ingredients
- 1 Cup Salt
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper coarsely ground
- 4 cups cold water divided
- 1 2 2/3 kilo whole pork belly bones removed
- lechon sauce to serve
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add salt, sugar, pepper, to 1 cup water. Stir to dissolve the salt and sugar. Once dissolved, remove from heat and pour into a container (with a lid) that can hold the pork belly. Add remaining cold water. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, place pork belly into the brine, ensuring that it’s fully submerged. Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours, up to 72 hours (3 days).
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Remove pork from brine, and place on a roasting pan. Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 3 hours or until the skin is crispy and the meat browned.
- Remove from oven, and let rest 10 minutes before carving with a sharp knife. Serve while hot with lechon sauce on the side, if desired. Recipe orginally published in the December 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW