Braising makes any dish taste better: pan-seared meat that is left to sit in sauce or liquid for a long period of time makes it more flavorful. This chicken wings recipe is proof that an easy-to-do dish can be tasty!
Braised Chicken Wings in Black Bean Sauce Recipe
Braised Chicken Wings in Black Bean Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/5 kilo Chicken (use wings), cut into 2 pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Garlic
- 2 teaspoons ginger finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons black beans (tausi) mashed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1 Table Spoon sugar
- 1 Table Spoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 teaspoons water
- Heat peanut oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat and pan-fry chicken wings until brown on both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Using the same pan sauté garlic until fragrant. Add ginger and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add mashed black beans and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Return chicken wings to pan then add soy sauce, cup water, and sugar. Bring sauce mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until wings are fully cooked, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add in dissolved cornstarch and simmer until slightly thickened. Transfer to a platter and garnish with chopped spring onions, if desired.