Spice up your usual adobo with this Chinese-inspired twist!
Braised Five-Spice Pork Liempo Recipe
Braised Five-Spice Pork Liempo Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 kilo pork (use pork liempo (pork belly)), sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger matchstick slices
- 6 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 5 Cup water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Heat oil in a wok; add sugar. Cook until sugar caramelizes and turns light brown.
- Add pork and ginger; turn them in the mixture until well coated.
- Add soy sauce, five-spice powder, water, and salt.
- Cover the wok and cook gently over low heat for 40 minutes, turning the meat once or twice during braising. Add more water if necessary.
- Adjust the seasoning by adding extra soy sauce to taste. Serve with steaming hot rice.