Korea’s bibimbap is a perfect breakfast bowl—it’s easy to prepare and can be tweaked in so many ways. The combination of the spicy bacon, crunchy vegetables, and runny egg is just perfect! It really is a complete meal in a bowl. Add a cup of coffee or tea to go with it, some extra gochujang and kimchi on the side, a good movie on TV, and you’re set.
Breakfast Bibimbap Recipe
This breakfast bowl has all your favorites!
Breakfast Bibimbap Ingredients
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Korean chili paste (gochujang)
- 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 to 6 strips bacon
- canola oil
- 1 150-gram pack shimeji mushrooms stems trimmed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white rice cooked
- 1 Small carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1 Small Cucumber sliced into rounds
- 1/4 Cup store-bought kimchi
- green onions and sesame seeds, for garnish
- Whisk together gochujang, soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, and honey in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed. Add bacon and toss until coated in the marinade. Set aside.
- Heat a couple of swirls of oil in a small skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms. Sauté until lightly cooked, a little less than a minute. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
- Heat 1 or 2 swirls oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until each side is slightly caramelized, a little less than a minute per side. Remove bacon from pan and set aside.
- Fry 2 eggs, sunny side up, in another skillet.
- Divide rice between 2 bowls. Arrange eggs, bacon, mushrooms, carrots, cucumbers, and kimchi on top of the rice. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, if using.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW