Also known as huevos rancheros, this Mexican breakfast favorite is a medley of exotic flavors your whole family will enjoy. Eggs, beef, tomatoes, and a kick of chili makes up the perfect breakfast dish.
Breakfast Chili Eggs Recipe
Breakfast Chili Eggs Ingredients
- 1 kilo Ground beef
- 1 400-gram can refried beans
- 1 400-gram can diced tomatoes with juice (14.5-ounce)
- 1 150-gram can tomato paste
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 green chili peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 Cup beer
- 1/4 Cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 fried eggs
- parsley choppe, for garnish
- toasted bread to serve
- Heat a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Crumble ground meat into hot pan and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
- Pour in beans, diced tomatoes with juice, and tomato paste. Add onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, green chili peppers, bacon bits, beef bouillon cubes, and beer. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, Tabasco, basil, salt, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, and sugar. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Afterwards, taste and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder, if needed. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and top with fried eggs. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with toasted bread.