Be adventurous in the kitchen and make this brown butter polvoron recipe! Its nutty and toasty flavor is easy to love.
Brown Butter Polvoron Recipe
Brown Butter Polvoron Ingredients
- 3/4 Cup caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cups powdered milk
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1/4 Cup Hazelnut Powder or almond flour
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter
- Combine sugar and powdered milk in a bowl; set aside.
- Place flour and hazelnut powder or almond flour in a pan; mix well. Toast over low heat for about 8 minutes or until golden brown and smells like toasted bread. Stir continuously to prevent flour from burning. Add flour mixture to milk mixture; mix well. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat until it gives out a nutty flavor and color changes to light brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Strain butter into the flour mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until well incorporated and texture resembles wet sand.
- Pour into an 8-inch square pan, pressing onto the bottom, until ½ inch thick. Using a polvoron mold, cut out polvoron and carefully place on a plate. Wrap individually in cellophane to give away as presents or store in an airtight container. These will keep for 1 week at room temperature or 2 weeks in the refrigerator. *Note: to make your own hazelnut powder or almond flour, grind whole, unroasted nuts until smooth and powdery in a food processor.