This recipe uses brown rice, which is more nutritious than white polished rice.
Brown Rice Bringhe Recipe
Brown Rice Bringhe Ingredients
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 cups coconut milk (gata)
- 1 Cup non-fat milk
- 1 Cup water
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 Table Spoon Salt
- 1/4 kilo Chicken (use breast part), cubed
- 1 piece red bell pepper cubed
- 1/3 Cup frozen peas
- In a bowl, combine the rice, coconut milk, nonfat milk, and water. Soak the rice for an hour.
- Transfer the mixture to a rice cooker or a cooking pot. Add salt.
- Cook until rice is done. Some types of brown rice need more water, so have hot water on hand. If needed, add enough hot water to cook the rice completely.
- When the rice is half done, add the chicken.
- Add the vegetables when rice is almost done. Stir to distribute them within the rice. Season with salt and pepper. TIP: Traditionally, bringhe is made with gata. To lower the fat content, reduce the amount ofgata and substitute either with low-fat or nonfat milk. Do not totally remove the gata because it is what makes this dish unique.