Your favorite creamy buko pandan dessert got frozen! It’s the classic combo of buko juice, pandan, coconut cream, and gulaman but made into an icy treat.
How do you make an easy buko pandan ice candy?
We made this recipe easy but it can be made even easier with this no-cook tip: to cut your prep time, use pandan-flavored buko juice. Then, it’s just a matter of putting all the ingredients together, packing into the ice candy bags, and freezing for you to enjoy it.
We predict that this easy buko pandan ice candy is going to be your favorite summer treat! Once you’ve tried this one, you might also want to check out other ice candy recipes that are sure to cool you off during hot days.
Buko Pandan Ice Candy Recipe
Buko Pandan Ice Candy Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon buko pandan gelatin
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 cups fresh coconut water (buko juice) divided
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 piece pandan leaf knotted
- 1 drop green food coloring Optional
- 1 400-gram can coconut cream
- In a small saucepan off the heat, dissolve buko pandan gulaman in the water. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 30 seconds then remove from the heat. Immediately pour into a shallow rectangular container. Set aside to cool and set.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, heat 1 cup buko juice, sugar, and the pandan leaf over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer; cook until pandan leaves are aromatic. Remove from heat then add the remaining buko juice to cool down the juice. Stir in food coloring if using. Cool completely.
- Once cooled completely, transfer to a bowl and stir in coconut cream. Slice buko pandan gulaman into long strips and add to the cooled buko pandan. Using a funnel, pour about 1/3 cup into ice candy plastics and knot closed. Repeat with remaining buko pandan mixture.
- Freeze ice candy overnight. Serve ice cold.