What do you do to a dessert that is already delicious to make it even more appetizing? Why not add mango to it? That’s exactly what we did to a classic buko pandan recipe to level it up!
What is buko pandan?
Buko pandan is a popular party dessert. It’s easy to make and super delicious. There’s no need to bake anything so anyone with the right ingredients, namely all-purpose cream, coconut strips, sweetened condensed milk, and pandan-flavored gulaman, can make it. Those who want to level it up can swap the all-purpose cream with thick coconut cream or kakang gata. The gulaman can even be made from scratch infusing the water with the flavor from pandan or screwpine
leaves to make it extra delicious. You can also add additional ingredients to the mix, such as sweet kernel corn for a burst of earthy and sweet mais flavor or fruity mangoes. We went with cubed sweet mangoes to make this creamy buko pandan recipe into a cold dessert you’ll definitely crave!
Buko Pandan Recipe With Mango
Buko Pandan Ingredients With Mango
- 1 95-gram box Unflavored Green Gulaman
- 2-3 cups Water
- 2 250-ml packs All-Purpose Cream
- 1/3 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 pieces Buko (Coconut)
- 2 pieces Mango
- Mix powdered gulaman and water in a pot. Stir and bring to a simmer. Pour into a container. Set aside to cool for about 15 minutes or so. Cut into cubes when solidified.
- Combine all-purpose cream and condensed milk. Add a few drops of buko-pandan flavoring.
- Add the gulaman and shredded coconut to the cream mixture. Fold in the diced mangoes. Mix well and refrigerate overnight. Serve cold.