Not all burgers are served in between burger buns! That patty is really just a mound of ground beef that’s just waiting to be served doused with flavorful gravy and rice on the side.
How do you make a burger steak with gravy?
This fuss-free burger patty dish is considered as comfort food by many Hawaiian locals and is known as “loco moco.” It’s usually composed of white rice topped with a burger patty, sunny side-up egg, and brown gravy. It’s also reminiscent of a popular Pinoy flavor combination: burger patty, rice, and gravy! Who doesn’t love a delicious burger steak meal?
Burger Steak with Gravy Recipe
Serve a juicy burger patty over rice and pour gravy on top!
Burger Steak with Gravy Ingredients
- 500 Grams Ground beef
- 1/2 medium white onion chopped
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh milk
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 medium white onion sliced
- 125 Grams fresh white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 411-gram can beef broth about 1 3/4 cups
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
- 4 cups white rice cooked
- 4 eggs cooked sunny side-up, to serve
- Make the burgers: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to cook.
- Make the mushroom gravy: Heat oil and melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until lightly browned. Add mushrooms and cook for 1 minute. Add broth, soy sauce, and milk. Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add cornstarch mixture and simmer until slightly thick, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Divide burger mixture into 4 portions and form into oval patties. Pan-fry until cooked and browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Place 1 cup rice each on 4 plates. Top with burger patties, mushroom gravy, and sunny-side-up eggs. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW