This is a fuss-free seafood dish. Apart from the fact that it’s delicious, the best thing about this garlic butter prawns recipe is the method in which it is made: All the ingredients are layered into a pot and then left on the stove to cook—it’s neat, quick, and fuss-free.
Butter Garlic Prawns Recipe
Butter Garlic Prawns Ingredients
- 150 Grams Butter divided
- 1 kilo prawns
- Salt to season
- 15 cloves Garlic chopped finely, divided
- 1/2 Cup fresh parsley leaves chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika mixed with 1 teaspoon spicy paprika
- 2 lemons halved
- 200 Grams feta cheese
- Dot a little under a third of the butter on the base of a heavy-bottomed pot. Place a single layer of prawns over the butter and season with a bit of salt. Sprinkle about a third of the garlic and parsley over prawns and dust with some paprika.
- Dot another third of the butter over the first layer of prawns. Add another layer of prawns and top with garlic, parsley, and paprika. Repeat layering with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover the pot with a lid and place the pot over medium-high heat. Cook for about 5 minutes then mix, making sure to place the prawns on the bottom (which have already cooked) on top and the uncooked prawns in the bottom. Cook for 5 minutes more and then repeat the mixing.
- Squeeze lemons over the top, add feta cheese, and toss; cook for a minute more or until prawns are just about done, taking care not to overcook them. Serve immediately.