If you love the popular puto from a bakeshop, try making this puto recipe at home and see for yourself how close it is to that beloved bakery’s. This is buttery, sweet, and super soft, perfect for pairing with pancit, dinuguan, or eating as is for a sweet treat for merienda.
If you don’t want it too sweet, feel free to cut the sugar to as much as 1/2 cup.
Goldilocks-Style Butter Puto Recipe
Goldilocks-Style Butter Puto Ingredients
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup coconut cream
- 1/2 Cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 Cup salted butter melted
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- melted butter or oil for greasing puto molds
- Prepare a steamer. Brush melted butter or oil all over 12 to 14 medium puto molds or a 6-cup cupcake baking pan that will fit in your steamer. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together sugar, eggs, evaporated milk, coconut cream, and melted butter with a whisk until smooth.
- Sift in rice flour, all-purpose flour, and baking powder. Whisk until smooth and there are no more visible lumps.
- Pour the mixture by the 1/4 cupful into the prepared molds and steam over low heat, about 7 minutes, in the prepared steamer. (Cover the lid of the steamer with a kitchen towel to prevent water droplets from dripping onto your puto.)
- Remove the puto molds from the steamer. (Puto should spring back when the tops are gently pressed to test for doneness.) Steam any remaining puto batter as needed. Serve while warm or allow to cool before serving.