You don’t have to choose between caramel and chocolate if you can have both in one delicious dessert! This brownie recipe is a cross between a caramel brownie, also known as a blondie, and a chocolate chip cookie. The result is these irresistible butterscotch chocolate chip brownies.
You will love the combo of caramel and chocolate in every bite!
Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Brownies Recipe
Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Brownies Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup muscovado sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks, chopped small
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan. Line with parchment paper with an overhang. Set aside.
- Using a wooden spoon or a spatula, cream butter, muscovado sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add and beat in vanilla flavoring. Add egg and beat until mixture is well mixed.
- Using a sieve or strainer, sift flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda over the butter, sugar, and egg mixture. Use a spatula to fold in the ingredients until just mixed. Add chocolate chips, and stir in.
- Transfer batter to the prepared brownie pan. Smoothen the top. Place in the oven and bake until the center has puffed and the edges are firm, around 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Cool completely before slicing.