Making this dessert is easier than you think! Top this butterscotch pudding with nuts and cranberries for texture.
Butterscotch Pudding Recipe
Butterscotch Pudding Ingredients
- 200 Grams dates pitted, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 Cup unsalted butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 Cup walnuts chopped, plus extra to top
- 1 Cup self-rising flour
- dried cranberries to top
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup dark rum
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine dates and 1½ cups water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Add baking soda and stir. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream sugar and butter until fluffy. Add eggs, date mixture, and nuts. Fold in flour.
- Pour batter into 6 greased and lightly floured mini Bundt molds until ¾ full. Place molds in a baking pan. Fill pan with hot water halfway up the molds. Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Make the butterscotch sauce: Combine all ingredients except rum in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add rum and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Unmold then serve pudding topped with butterscotch sauce and garnished with walnuts and dried cranberries, if desired.