A sweet corn salsa makes this fish dish more appetizing.
Cajun-Spiced Fish Fillets Recipe
Cajun-Spiced Fish Fillets Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 2 tablespoons Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 Table Spoon Onion powder
- 1 Table Spoon cayenne powder
- 1 Table Spoon oregano leaves
- 1 Table Spoon thyme leaves
- 4 pieces cream dory (use fillet), thawed
- 2 ears fresh corn shucked, kernels shaved off of the cob (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1/2 piece onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Table Spoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Pat fish fillets dry with paper towels.
- Make Cajun seasoning: Combine paprika, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne powder, oregano, and thyme. Store in an airtight jar. (Will keep for 1 month.)
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons seasoning over both sides of fish fillets.
- Fry in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat OR place fillets on a parchment lined sheet pan, covered with foil, and bake for 15 minutes in oven preheated to 400°F.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium low heat and sauté onion and garlic until softened.
- Add chopped corn and sauté, stirring frequently, until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add diced peppers and all spices, stirring frequently for an additional 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot or warm on top of the fish fillets.