Lechon kawali doesn’t have to be boring. This Filipino pork belly recipe gets jazzed up with an easy-to-make tangy-sweet glaze!
Calamansi and Patis-Glazed Lechon Kawali Recipe
Calamansi and Patis-Glazed Lechon Kawali Ingredients
- 1 kilo whole pork belly (liempo)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1 Cup honey
- 1/2 tablespoon patis
- 1/4 teaspoon Knorr SavorRich Pork
- Calamansi Juice from 3 pieces of calamansi
- In a pot with the pork, add Knorr SavorRich pork and pour enough water to cover the liempo. Boil for 30 to 45 minutes until the pork is fork tender.
- Let the meat cool and rest in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight.
- In a pre-heated wok, deep-fry the liempo until the skin is crisp. Drain on a cooling rack.
- In a separate bowl, honey, patis and calamansi until well-combined.
- Pour the sauce over the lechon kawali before serving.