Looking for a quick and easy fish recipe? This easy-to-make and healthy fish recipe should be on your weekly seafood menu. It’s a delicious dish that requires minimal effort and delivers on flavor, too. Cream dory can get boring but the addition of herbs and calamansi juice add tangy and bright flavors. The ingredients are all available in the grocery, too.
If you end up with extra herbs from the packs you buy in the grocery, here’s what you can do: you can freeze it in olive oil and it’ll be ready for use for the next stir fry, soup, or other recipes. You can also make herbed butter by mixing it in store-bought butter. Another nifty tip: make an herby pesto sauce which you can pair with other seafood dishes.
Serve this fish dish with a cup of rice or steamed vegetables or add to this weekend’s family meal. It’s an easy fish dish to whip up!
Calamansi Fish Fillet Recipe
Calamansi Fish Fillet Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup Calamansi Juice fresh
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (patis)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish
- ground black pepper to season
- 400 Grams cream dory fillets thawed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves Garlic smashed
- Combine calamansi juice, fish sauce, cilantro, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place fish fillets in a shallow container. Drizzle half of the calamansi mixture over fish and marinate for at least 5 minutes.
- Heat oil and butter in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant. Cook fish fillets for about 5 minutes.
- Flip fish over and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes. Drizzle remaining calamansi mixture over fish. Top with cilantro.