This 30-minute fried chicken recipe has a tangy calamansi kick! It’s easy to put together, too. All you have to do is toss the rice together over high heat, then top the rice with fried chicken.
Calamansi Fried Chicken and Rice Recipe
Calamansi Fried Chicken and Rice Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 4 fillets Chicken Breast skin on, flattened
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 Small red onion peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled, finely chopped
- 1 Cup tomatoes seeded, chopped
- 4 cups rice day-old
- 1/4 Cup Calamansi Juice
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves sliced
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Season chicken generously with garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Fry chicken until cooked through. Remove chicken from wok. Let rest.
- Leave enough oil for rice. Increase heat to high. Add onion, garlic, and tomatoes. Toss to mix. Add rice, then calamansi juice. Cook, tossing, until heated through. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Transfer rice to serving plates. Top with chicken then basil leaves before serving. Recipe originally published in the May 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.