Here’s a creative way to use up leftover rice: turn it into a rice salad with calamansi, olives, feta, and carrots. Serve it warm and pair it with chicken or pork!
Calamansi Fried Rice Recipe
Mix in your favorite veggies with this tangy fried rice dish!
Calamansi Fried Rice Ingredients
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Small yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 Cup carrots peeled, cubed
- 1/2 green olives sliced
- 4 Cup day-old rice
- 2 teaspoons Calamansi Juice
- 1/4 Cup feta cheese cubed, marinated
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Sweat onion until translucent. Add carrots and sauté until tender.
- Add olives, and cook until heated through. Dump rice into wok. Season with calamansi juice, salt, and ground black pepper to taste. Toss to mix thoroughly.
- Just before serving, toss in feta cheese. Recipe orginally published in the August 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW