Spread the love by whipping up batches of these sweet and tart muffins!
- 1/3 Cup Calamansi Juice
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium Egg
- 4 cups cake flour
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy creamer (we used Coffeemate) or milk powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 Table Spoon Butter
- 2 tablespoons calamansi zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk together calamansi juice, water, vegetable oil, and eggs in a bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, creamer, and baking powder. Add sugar and salt.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture; mix until combined. Make sure not to overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared liners until about 3/4 full; set aside.
- Make the calamansi streusel: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle streusel on top of muffins.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until tops are golden. Let cool before serving. Tip: No time to bake? Make a calamansi muffin kit instead! Put together the measured ingredients in packs, print out a copy of the recipe, and wrap everything together in a pretty box.