Love calamari? Use them in seafood wraps! We used Pita bread instead of soft tacos—it’s just as delicious and fun to eat!
Calamari Wrap with Chili Sauce Recipe
Calamari Wrap with Chili Sauce Ingredients
- 500 Grams squid rings (calamari)
- 2 tablespoons Calamansi Juice
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup breading mix (We used Crispy Fry garlic mix)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 Cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 Cup tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Small avocado chopped
- 1 Cup Lettuce shredded
- 100 Grams cilantro chopped
- 1 Cup kesong puti chopped
- 4 pieces pita bread toasted and cut in half
- Make the calamari: Marinate squid in calamansi juice for 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry squid.
- Combine flour, fry mix and pepper, whisk to mix. Dredge squid in mixture, tap to coat lightly, dip in egg wash and roll again in flour mixture. Fry squid in heated oil in a medium-sized pan until golden in color, about 1 ½ - 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Make the salsa: Combine red onion, tomatoes, lime juice, and sugar. Set aside.
- To assemble, fill the pita bread with lettuce, avocado and a few pieces of calamari. Top with kesong puti, salsa, and cilantro. Serve with chili sauce on the side.