Can’t get enough of shrimp? This dish is easy to do!
Can't get enough of shrimp? This dish is easy to do!
- 1 kilo Prawns (Sugpo) shelled, deveined and with the tails on
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup water ice-cold
- 1 Egg beaten
- 2 cups Oil for deep-frying
- Sweet and sour sauce for dipping
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, salt, egg, water and mix well.
- Heat oil in a wok or a saucepan over medium-high heat. To check if the oil is hot enough, use a wooden chopstick (or a skewer): dip chopstick into the oil and when bubbles form all around the stick, the oil is ready.
- Dip shrimp, holding by its tail, in the flour mixture and gently drop into the hot oil. Repeat the process with the rest of the shrimps. Deep-fry shrimp is until golden brown, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW